8/13/04
Brigid is talking now - so to speak. She's beginning to have a variety of sounds, more than just crying. More grunts and coos and squeaks. It's great; I'm beginning to have an idea of what her voice sounds like. And I'm calling her "Bree-hee-hinny-hooey-ha", after the great horse. :)
Also, Adam and I got our first real, true smile today. We were both holding her and looking at her and smiling and talking, and she wriggled and broke into a grin - twice! Since we've now learned how to tell when she's having gas, we could tell that it wasn't that. Nope, it was just a, "wow, happy to see you, Dad and Mom."
Of course, she was quickly distracted by the beautiful blinds behind us, that were swaying in the breeze of the fan and providing fascinating light and dark shadows, but hey, we had our moment.
8/10/04
I discovered a great new mom-baby activity today: dancing. I put in a cd and held Brigid and danced around the living room with her. I get exercise and she gets mommy time, and it even pushes her closer to sleep. Right now though, instead of Derek Webb, I am listening to the midi stylings of the baby swing, currently playing "Where is Thumbkin?"
Becca came over for lunch today, and got, for the first time, to see Brie in her awake and alert mode (as opposed to her fussy "I want food" mode and her asleep mode). I'm glad, because our daughter is so much fun when she's awake, making her faces, and staring fascinated at others' faces, and reaching out with her hands and kicking her feet. Quite the little person. I'm also glad just that Becca came over. Baby time is great; adult time is a nice balance.
It's always fun when people come over who haven't seen Brigid for a week or so, because they exclaim over how much she's grown. I notice it every day, but I think it's even more apparent when you don't see her every, oh, hour and minute and second of the day.
Friday, August 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment