Wednesday, November 03, 2004

hands! mouth! hair!

So, the fun thing about discovering how to use your hands is that you can
put things in your mouth. All sorts of things. First of all, obviously,
your own hands. Then there's Mom's hands and Dad's hands. Then there's
your hairbrush, with all those chewy bristles. Then there's your pretty
dress, which shouldn't be left to cover your legs, but should be pulled up
into your mouth. Then there's anything else Mom lets you play with
(thanks for the fun jack'o'lantern card, Mop-Mop and Pop-Pop, Brie thought
it was delicious!).

But the bad thing about discovering how to use your hands is that when you
have something else in your mouth (say, you're having lunch courtesy of
Mom) is that your hands just grab and pull anything they can. This means
that you're having a perfectly nice lunch when all of the sudden you feel
a sharp pain on top of your head - someone's pulling your hair! How could
they! Who would dare? Why when I find that person I'll take him and -
oh. It's me? Umm . . . I'm sorry. Maybe I'm too little to be trusted
with a pair of active hands . . .


Yep, that's Brigid this week. Exploring her world, one little hand at a
time (okay, occasionally two).






No comments: