Saturday, February 05, 2005

ba!

So now we've decided that "Ba!" is a general exclamation meaning, "Look!", or, more often, "I want!"

I wish I could give y'all a picture of what it's like to live with my two wonderful people. There's Adam, laid-back and cheerful, making every day easier and more interesting, and there's Brie, wiggly and excited, exploring anything she can get her hands on and her mouth around.

Most of you know Adam pretty well, and I think everyone who reads this knows how I feel about him (my own heart) but all of us are still just beginning to know Brigid, and here is how I feel about her:

She is so pretty. I already know how she's going to flirt when she's old enough: she'll look very intently at the young man, as if she wants to see into his soul, and then, slowly, she'll break into an impish grin that invites him to share in the joy that she finds in every piece of the world, including him. Because that's how she smiles now. And she's so pretty! I love her brown-red-gold hair and her blue-grey eyes and her dimple and her lips and her bouncy, jumping, wiggling, pushing, pulling, active body. She lights up our world.

I love when she kicks her legs and flaps her arms because she's excited and happy. I love it when she squeaks when she sees me. I love how curious she is and I love how stubborn she is. I love how friendly she is to new people, and how attached she is to the people she really knows. I love it when I take her to see Adam at work and she smiles as soon as she sees him. I love it when she reaches out and grabs my face and slobbers on my cheek. I love how she slumps against me when she's sleepy and how she stares confusedly when she's just woken up - and how yummy and warm she smells early in the morning when she's sleepy and snuggles up to me. I love how much she looks like Adam and how she reminds me of him while he's at work.

I hate not getting enough sleep, I miss having time to do what I want when I want to, but I love Brigid Elizabeth, and she's worth every missed minute of slumber and every frustration. God bless and keep and prosper and grow in His grace our baby girl! Amen!

No comments: