Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Tea

I must say that I find tea to be a much more civilized drink than coffee. Coffee is bitter and acidic, and tea is...well, frankly bitter and acidic too, unless you drink it right: two lumps, no cream, not quite hot enough to burn. Mmmmm. I can just see the ancient Britons, Chinese, and Indians sitting down with a nice cuppa and chit-chatting about the weather, or what those crazy kids are wearing these days.

Alas, for coffee is the way of America, and ever since that unfortunate misunderstanding in the Boston harbor, anyone looking for a morning, afternoon or evening lift pours the joe and sits down with a paper.

What is the world coming to?

-Adam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that in England they used to judge you by how you took your tea? Almost everyone was wealthy enough for black tea, the middle class would have a little milk, but the very rich could afford to have an extremely light colored (for the milk) and sweet tea.