This past week was a strange one in Brigid-land. It was fun and frustrating.
The fun part was the Brie became completely interactive. She hatched. It amazes me how sudden these developmental leaps are. Suddenly, she was just more PRESENT than she was before. She talked and played and climbed and ate and looked and grabbed and listened and moved more and with more purpose than she ever had before. There was one morning this week when I was doing dishes around noon and trying to figure out what I'd been doing all morning, because I had the feeling that I hadn't gotten many chores done, but nonetheless I was sure I'd been busy. When I thought about it, I realized that Brigid and I had spent the whole morning playing. It was so much fun! I love watching her become more and more herself and more and more involved in her people and her world.
The frustrating part was that her naps disappeared. She'd go down for about five minutes and the pop back up, usually right as I was about to sit down at the computer and get some work done. I found myself apologizing to my boss, because I just couldn't get much done this week.
I can't help but think that the fun and the frustrating are related. Brie just has more self-control, and being the intense, interested person that she is, she used that self-control to stay awake. Sleep is not for her when there's a world to explore!
However, she still is a seven month old, and this weekend she crashed and slept A LOT. Still, I am amazed at the power of personality I see in my daughter, already. Wow. This is going to be some woman. May all the focus of her personality be devoted to the glory of God, may she dance with joy in his presence.
Monday, March 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment