Friday, March 04, 2005

Yet another rumination on our favorite cephelopod

(At least, I think they are cephelopods.)

I mean, who EATS snails, anyway? What crazy French person (I apologize for the redundancy) looked at this small, slimy, beshelled creature and thought "Hmm, I'll be that would taste great with a little cinamon and some paprika."? (I really have no idea how the punctuation at the end of that sentence should have gone. Do you give it a question mark because it's a question? Do you give it a period because it's a statement? Do you give it both and call it schizophrenic? Maybe Jess can clarify.) And how is the name "Escargot" supposed to make me feel any better about it? Now, maybe if they are deep fried they take on the consistency of french fries or something, but even so. Crazy French people.

Okay, time for the daily Make Fun of the French joke:

Q) Why are the streets of Paris lined with Trees?

A) Because the Germans like to march in the shade.

Okay, that's enough of that. Although, I will probably be eternally regretful that I did not purchase a certain page-a-day calendar that I saw, entitled "Is this when we make fun of the French?" Sorry to all of you Francophiles out there, Thomas Jefferson included.

-Adam

1 comment:

Linds said...

Well if you can explain America's obsession with oysters I'd be happy to think the French are out of their minds to eat snails.

Oh, and don't worry about offending me with your French jokes. We Francophiles know how to call you silly names in a snooty accent. :)