Monday, May 09, 2005

Aw, man..

I can imagine a conversation between myself and a confessor at some point in the future:

Me: Forgive me, I have sinned, yada yada. I have been struggling with lust lately.
Him: Who is she son?
Me: Well, actually, it's not a she. It's a knife.
Him: A knife?
Me: Well, several knives actually. I was on this website at work the other day. They have all kinds of cool stuff.
Him: Uhhhh...
Me: What can I do? They have knives. They have clubs. They have spears. They have machetes. All this stuff, and I can't afford any of it.
Him: Son, maybe you should consider giving up your martial arts training.

Of course, if this were Fr D., he would never actually advise me to give up martial arts training. I might be hesitant to bring this subject up with him, because he might want the URL of the website, and wouldn't that just be tempting a brother to sin?

*sigh*

Oh for several thousand dollars of disposable income to waste on such frivolities. For example: Did you know that in Africa they have this thing called a sjambok, which is a combination of a walking stick, a cattle prod, and a whip, all rolled into one? It is traditionally carved from a hippopotamus hide. HOW COOL IS THAT?

Oh well. I have too many weapons that I don't use already. But what about a 15" double ended throwing spike? Neato!

-Adam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been looking at coldsteel.com, haven't you? Pant, pant, drool, drool!

Yes, there are far too many items there I would love to play with!

-Steve