Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Comforting thought

Our backyard now looks just a little bit more like a refugee camp. In honor of the already oppressive heat, we purchased a large tarp and some wood and I rigged up an awning over our back 'patio'/whatever. Due to lack of planning and lack of time spent implementing the otherwise good idea, we now have a functional, albeit rather ghetto looking back awning. I told Jess that she should take comfort in the fact that, were we stranded in the wilderness, I could fix us up quite a dandy shelter, assuming that I had a tarp, some reasonably straight lumber, a decently sharp machete, and a screw gun.

In other news, summer is slowly drawing nigh. This means an influx of student problems at the help desk, as students lose files, print papers, and have their omniscient computers decide to die at precisely the wrong point in the semester. So let that be a lesson, kiddies: back up often and always on more than one disk. Lesson over.

-Adam

No comments: