Wednesday, May 11, 2005

karate test

I'm testing for my brown belt on Saturday, the last test before black. I'm excited, because, due to pregnancy, I haven't had a full karate test in a long time. I'm also excited because I feel ready for it. But I'm apprehensive, because, well, it's been a long time since I've done this, and this, since it's a higher-level test, is going to be different than anything I've ever done before; you never know quite what they're going to throw at you in a test like this. It's one of those things that's always fun to WATCH, if you know what I mean. :) Please pray that I do my best.

The other exciting thing about this test is that Adam's going to be testing some of his students from his university class: a test within a test. Since not all of them were ready for their orange belts by the end of the year, he wanted a way to test them without testing everyone else and having everyone else not advance. So Fr. D. is letting Adam administer his students' test within the larger school's test. I'm looking forward to watching Adam-as-sensei, a sight I've yet to see. I think it'll be really cool.

-Jessica

No comments: