6/22
Life is almost back to normal at our house. I can't drive yet, and I can't go for very long walks with Brie in the stroller, but other than that, I can do most of the things that I used to do.
I made myself a new schedule, and ah! that feels wonderful. Having a list of things to do every day makes my life feel ordered and happy. Brie plays in her tupperware drawer while I work in the kitchen, and pulls Adam's socks out of his drawer when I put away laundry in the bedroom. We take regular breaks to read "Thank You Dear God" and "Hey! Wake Up!" and to go out and look at the garden. We come back inside when I feel like I'm beginning to lose the Mommy-I-really-want-to-eat-this-handful-of-dirt battle.
Today, while I was talking on the phone with my sister, Brigid was puttering about, hanging onto my leg and cruising around me and the coffee table. Then, she did something new. She let go. And kept standing.
She thought this was great! She grinned and bounced, and then walked the few steps toward me and grabbed on. Then let go again and grinned and bounced. She repeated this through the rest of the phone call.
so it's finally happened. I knew it wo uld sometime. Adam and I knew she's been physically able to stand up on her own for a long time. now SHE knows it. And she's tickled pink.
I am doing better physically, and beginning to do better inside too. But still have what feels like trauma hangover. I think the past six weeks have just taken more energy than I had, and now I'm running on fumes. I can feel myself being very snappy at people - in my head first and too often it then comes out my mouth. So if I've been that way to you, and I didn't notice, I apologize.
6/23
Yesterday my old high school English teacher came over to lunch. Laurel and Josh came too - she's had all three of us in her class at one time or another. And I was thinking, cool! I can show off my homemaking skills and cook something great, with fresh ingrediants from our garden. So I made pasta in garlic sauce, with fresh, steamed spinach and smoked provolone cheese - the parsley and spinach from our garden. But ah! pride goeth before a fall - she's allergic to garlic. So my siblings and I ate my gourmet meal, and the guest of honor dined on crackers and peanut butter.
In other news, G'pa B. taught Brigid that rocks pushed into fountains make lovely noises and lovelier splashes. here's Brie's face upon the discovery of all this loveliness: :o ---> :O -----> :D
Thursday, June 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment