Sunday, June 19, 2005

arm update

I just wanted to let all you prayin' folk know that my arms are getting better. This week I discovered I can lift Brie up again. I discovered it because she was crying, so I tried to pick her up to comfort her - and I could! I can't pick her up normally yet - at least, not without a lot of pain - but I can use the crooks of my elbows to cradle her and pick her up that way. It's really encouraging.

I'm taking my splints off at least once a day and exercising my wrists, and I'm beginning to be rewarded with a larger range of movement and some returning muscle tone. Without my splints on, I still have to be careful, but with them on, I'm able to do more and more.

God is very good!

-Jess

No comments: