Tuesday, June 14, 2005

An update

I know that Jessica hasn't been able to blog for a while, so I guess it's my turn for an update.

Her arms are slowly feeling better. Last night she commented that she was actually beginning to feel like they might heal some day. The slew of visitors and helpers has slowed, which means that she has had more chances to relax and recoup, being the introvert that she is. We have greatly appreciated the massive amount of support we have been getting - especially Jess' mom for doing our laundry, Jenn for doing our grocery shopping, and Laurel for being a wonderful aunt and baby sitter - but Jessica is glad to not have to spend so much time around people :-)

Brigid has been a trooper through the whole thing. It is a wonderful thing that she is very comfortable around strangers and people she doesn't get to see a whole lot. I don't know how many countless people have held her in the past 4 weeks (yes, it has been almost a month!) but she seems to have enjoyed every minute.

I have been keeping busy with work, getting slowly back in to karate, changing diapers and pulling weeds in our garden, which, by the way, Jessica will be proud to have you know is now growing spinach! Sunday night she fixed a salad for VA Girls which included spinach from our very own garden. Yay!

Saturday night we actually had a chance to go on a real date! When we moved into our house, we got a 'welcome to the city' package that included coupons for two free tickets to a show at the local theater! So we arranged a sitter, got dolled up - her in a real, non-breast-feeding-rompliant dress, and me in a black utilikilt and white dress shirt - and went and watched a show that took a bunch of rock and roll music and added dance and stuff. It was fun!

This coming Saturday night we have a house warming party and Fr. David is coming to bless the house, and then we'll have bbq and fun with friends. Next week, I will be taking off Friday and we'll be dropping Brie off Thursday night with her grandparents and spending a night BY OURSELVES in a hotel. We may just sleep the entire time.

I'm sure there is a ton of stuff I have left out, but I'm writing this at work and probably shouldn't spend any more time on it. We love you all!

-Adam

No comments: