Friday, August 05, 2005

no rabbit food for bunnies

I got nauseous over my salad today. Over salad! Nice, yummy garden salad, REAL garden salad, with tomatoes and cucumbers and peppers from our very own garden! It took me three tries to get it down - well, most of it. I got about a third of the way through and felt my gorge rising - I hastely put it aside, then tried again a few minutes later. But that attempt failed too. On the third attempt, I managed all but the red cabbage; I just couldn't face it.

So much for my attempts to eat healthily for my child!

The guys at Adam's work are joking about how they are the "I.T. Bunnies", because no less than FIVE of them are expecting new additions to their households in this next year. That's a lot of paternity leave, folks.

I think I mentioned it on here before, but this pregnancy is sure putting me through the works emotionally. I just feel like I'm running on empty every day. I feel like I have no resources left to draw on; like I'm using all my emotional energy up as soon as it's produced, leaving nothing in reserve. I was talking to my mom about it today (my mom, who apparently got sick at the sight of lettuce when she was pregnant with me - so THERE), and I asked if she thought some of this "maternal preoccupation" was because in pregnancy you're growing not just a body but a soul. If that latter takes spiritual resources like the former takes physical resources. She said she'd wondered that. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

There is something metaphysically INTERESTING about being pregnant.

But not culinarily interesting. Not interesting at all.

Signed,
an active bunny
who prefers pasta at the moment, THANK YOU.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Well, at least the little guy's being consistent. He'll probably hate salad for a long time too! :)

Amber said...

Wow, that was me too! I'm pretty much over it now, although I still can't stomach the idea of kale and chard which I normally like very much. Which is entirely too bad, considering the size of my kale patch in the backyard...

For some reason with this pregnancy, all I want to eat is meat, fruit, and whole grain bread. Broccoli and green beans are ok, but not terribly appealling. This is so different from how I usually eat! Pregnancy is quite facinating, isn't it... so much change in so many ways in such a short period of time.