Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Please Send Pickles

Yesterday Brigid and I read a book about a bear. And forgetting that it is lions who roar, and bears who growl, as the poem goes, I taught her to roar like a bear. We showed off these skills to Adam as the three (four!) of us took our evening walk.

Brie, in stroller: arrraaah!
Me: Raaarrrr!
Brie: aaraa!
Me: yeah, just like a bear!
Adam: laughter.

I feel like I should be making lists of words Brigid knows, rather than words she can say. Except that it would be too long. Also on our evening walk, I told Adam that Brie and I had played ball that day. At the word "ball", Brigid twisted round in her stoller to look at me and reached out her hands and mimed that she wanted what I was talking about. At this rate, we're going to have to start spelling things! "No, honey, we're not playing ball right now, I was just talking to your daddy about how we played ball earlier." Then, of course, the distraction: "Can you roar like a bear?"

"Aaraaa!"

-Jess

No comments: