Tuesday, October 11, 2005

a kick-butt stay-at-home-mom day

Mind, I'm not so productive every day, but every once in a while I have a day like yesterday that makes me want to say, "Today I went for a walk, made a menu plan for the next two weeks, went grocery shopping, put it all away, cut up vegetables for the week, made a double batch of lasagna, prepared the soil in part of my yard for a winter garden, put away the laundry, picked up the house, did the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, went for a walk, made the coffee, watered the plants, and all this while caring for, playing with and nurturing a toddler, AND carrying and nurturing a four-month old embreyo in my body, what did YOU do?"

Not that I'm accusing anyone listening to me of doing less (far from it, I have the most accomplished relatives), it just sounded like a good way to end the list. :D

Yes, the nice thing about good weekends is how energetic I am on Mondays.

But now it's Tuesday. Oh well. :)

-Jess

1 comment:

Dinner Woman said...

It thrills me to hear about your industriousness. Wow! I think back to those Horton Room Two-Hundred days. What changes we have seen in the way we live our lives! Congratulations Jess on a day well done.