Brie's into finger games now. She'll sit on my lap (what's left of it) facing me for hours if I let her, enthralled in the wonders of "Two Little Blackbirds Sitting on a Wall", "Round and Round the Garden Goes the Teddy Bear", "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider" and ESPECIALLY "This is the church, this is the steeple."
In fact, she's so into the latter game that when I'm doing something else, like "Two Little Blackbirds", she'll stop me midway by pushing my hands together to make the church.
Her newest words are "Amen!" (which she says at the right time), "home" (most often said when we arrive back from a car trip) and "again!" (said after horsy-rides, hand-games, book readings, etc.).
Her other newest game is "fort". Yep, I decided that it was time to introduce my daughter to MY favorite childhood game: making and playing in forts. My sister and I spent hours and hours and hours making forts when we were little - we got really elaborate too. We started with your basic kitchen chair and sheet arrangements, but we got really creative in how many different rooms and cubbies and decks we made on them. Mom even had a set of old, really ugly sheets that we got to use just for forts - they were ugly sheets, but made GREAT forts.
Brie's fort is two kitchen chairs and a table cloth, and the fun of it for her is hiding and then reappearing, sort of like a full-body version of peek-a-boo. I look forward to the day when I can set her lose with the whole dining room set, a pair of sheets and a box of safety pins.
-Jess
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Elisa's newest word is "BRRRRRRRRR!!!"
I'm not sure she knows what it means yet but she does mimic all the emotion she hears when we say it.
Post a Comment