Monday, November 28, 2005

one other Thanksgagely thing

I have to also add: hearing people recount their blessings at Thanksgagely was a blessing in itself. I was struck by how many people were thankful for very basic things, like having a place to live, and a job that allowed them to provide for themselves. Dan P. summed it all up when he talked about how much goodness is daily available to those who live in our country.

But the coolest thing about listening to everyone last night was that in listening to them recount these blessings, I could tell that it wasn't a difficult exercise. It wasn't like they had to think really, really hard to come up with things they were thankful for. These were people who are just regularly aware of the Lord's hand in their lives; in other words, I could tell it wasn't the first time they'd consciously been thankful for the blessings they recounted.

And it was a blessing to listen to such grateful people.

-Jess

2 comments:

Linds said...

Sounds like it was great fun! I'm glad to hear that despite the absence of its founders, Thanksgagely is still going strong!

Adam said...

It was fun. Really, you guys just need to take the Monday after Thanksgiving off next year, and come and join us.

Though we did have a founder - I'm pretty sure that Adam's the one who came up with the whole idea in the first place. It sure was missing something though without you two and Adam and Kat and Micah and Jenn.

-Jess