I make a pretty good gingersnap too, and made some two days ago. But word to the wise that I learned the hard way, they're not as much of a comfort food as I thought! I majorly OD'd on them yesterday when I had a tummy ache and only succeeded in making my tummy ache worse! :)
Nerdy history fact: Chinese sailors used to keep ginger root with them to counter seasickness. Apparently it's the best remedy for motion sickness of any kind (yay for Mythbusters), but only in small quantities.
2 comments:
I make a pretty good gingersnap too, and made some two days ago. But word to the wise that I learned the hard way, they're not as much of a comfort food as I thought! I majorly OD'd on them yesterday when I had a tummy ache and only succeeded in making my tummy ache worse! :)
Nerdy history fact: Chinese sailors used to keep ginger root with them to counter seasickness. Apparently it's the best remedy for motion sickness of any kind (yay for Mythbusters), but only in small quantities.
Post a Comment