Wednesday, January 04, 2006

the kiddos

Yesterday I found that Brigid had gotten into the jar of diaper ointment we keep at her changing area. And what was she doing with all that gooky stuff? Spreading it all over the belly of her brand-new Cabbage Patch doll. Clever, but I'm not amused.

Especially since she did it twice.


I had another prenatal appointment today, and was informed I've reached the point in this pregnancy when I get to come in every couple weeks. It was a really good appointment; we had a nice discussion about such fascinating subjects as epidurals, perineal massage and circumcision.

Regarding the latter, after finding out that Dr. A. DOES give local anesthesia to the poor tykes, we discussed the different devices that are used to circumcise babies. "I use the bell-type device," says Dr. A. "There's also a clamp-like device, but I never use those because frankly," says my nice Catholic doctor, "they scare the hell out of me."

Here's for honesty in a physician!


In the vital signs department, it was one of those nice, boring appointments: no high blood pressure for me, and a nice steady heartbeat detected from Sam.

The other fun part was that my brother Josh gave Brie and I a ride. It was great to get to see him now that he's done with his long first college semester. I missed you, Josh! And Brie had a grand old time with him out in the waiting room. They were happily playing with her farm animals when I came back out.

-Jess

No comments: