Our house is back to normal, enhanced by many cool presents. But back to normal. Adam goes back to work tomorrow, and hence so do I.
So many things happened this past week that I don't think I'd ever do them justice. I just have to mention though: if you've never experienced the hospitality of the Yoshimotos, you've never experienced hospitality. (My apologies to our own houseguests, but I know that Adam and I didn't match Bill and Judy! (Though I have to admit we were inspired by them!))
Adam and I got to have about four Christmasses this Christmas, but only one Christ Mass. We went to mass on Christmas Eve, starting the whole thing off with the proper celebration, the reason for it all. God is with us, praise be to Him! Then we celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at my family's house. Then we drove up to Visalia to have Christmas dinner at the Yoshimoto's. It was indescribably good. The we drove back down, and went to a Pod Christmas celebration that included not just the Pod people (Adam's mother's side of the family), but Micah and Jenn and Elisa, back from Wisconsin. Then Dad and Tammy and Sheila came out, and the merriment continued for three or four more days - lots of food and fun and outings and celebration. I have never had such a Christmas!
And, my calendar tells me, there are three more days to go! But I rather think they're going to be quieter than the first nine. After the bustle and noise, I'm looking forward to a bit of quiet time for reflection, especially as we head into Epiphany, and shortly after that, into Lent.
And with Lent comes Samuel, we hope. The Lord has heard us, as Hannah said, and He is sending us a son. May he be like His Son. Amen and amen.
-Jess
Monday, January 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment