Brie and I both have headcolds. After yesterday included an afternoon crying jag for her, I've decided that this afternoon, if we're both feeling miserable, we'll curl up on the bed together and watch Baby Einstein and drink juice.
Happily, though I didn't know we were going to get sick, I planned lots of soup into the menu for these next two weeks. We had jambalaya last night (not quite soup, but with sore-throat-pleasing hot broth), and we're having split pea tonight. Next week we're supposed to have tortilla soup one night and French onion the next. Mmm!
It's amazing how good very hot tea feels on a sore throat.
Right now Brie is experiencing her first-ever quiet time. It's been the first morning this week when we've been home for it. So after a five-minute cuddle, I put her down in her crib with water and binkies and toys and explained that I'd be back when her music was done (Raffi's "Baby Beluga" cd). There's been a few cries, but not much, so I have hope that this won't be a hard habit for her to get into. I'm planning on making it just a bit less than half and hour, and then putting her down for her actual nap in the afternoon (a solid two hours it's become, ever since she gave up her morning one).
I finished making overalls for Sam. I had to play with the pattern a bit, but they turned out well. I thought the next thing I'd jump into would be a hat for me (I can't be the only one in the family without a cool crocheted hat), but there's a baby I need to make a gift for, so I might take a quick break for a pair of booties first.
Earlier this week, Adam and I were driving away from Trader Joe's, with Brigid in the back seat. She was playing with a ream of stickers that the cashier had given her. So there we were, talking away, when we hear from the back, "On, eye. ON. EYE." So I looked back, and sure enough, Brie had a flowered sticker over her eye, looking like a very girly pirate. This was soon followed by "on, ear", "on, mouth" and "on, nose."
-Jess
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment