Tuesday, January 24, 2006

three cheers for drugs

Thank you all for praying for Brie. Though her fever was creeping towards 102 this morning, it's down to normal now, and that without Tylenol.

and the steriods worked: no scary gasping-for-air episodes last night. We're hoping tonight will be the same.

She's still froggy and and without much appetite and coughing and sneezing and droopy and tired (and has huge circles under her eyes), but with the breathing thing working, we are rejoicing.

It's funny to think that this is the sickest she's been her in her whole life. I'm grateful. I'm grateful that this happened now, and not when she was a tiny newborn. I'm grateful for doctors and drugs to treat it, to open her airways, to take down her fever, to alleviate her pain. I'm grateful for friends and family who pray for us. Croup's scary, and I'd wish it on no one, but it could have been so much worse, and it wasn't. As our little girl is fond of saying, "Thanks be to God!"

-Jess

No comments: