Thursday, February 16, 2006

"Go-go Da-Da!"

Yesterday I went to pick Adam up from work (he usually bikes, but he's got a flat tire right now), and I was early, but I figured Brie and I could kill some time wandering around campus, because most times we're on campus it takes us forever to get anywhere, there being all those stairs that need climbing, fountains that need splashing in and ivy leaves that need picking. But yesterday she had it on her brain that we were "going to go find Daddy", and after splashing perfuctorily once or twice in the fountain, it was "Down? Daddy?" and the girl ran AHEAD OF ME towards Adam's building. And she said, "Daddy, hey?" ("hey?" with upturned hands is Brie-speak for "Where is it?") and so I pointed her towards the right building. "Da-da!" yells Brie excitedly. "Yes, we're going to go get Daddy," I replied. This promptly became her battle cry, and so, to the amused stares of passers-by, I followed a little girl who galloped along yelling incoherent things like "Ai-o-yi-la-la-la!" punctuated with, "Go-go Da-Da!" ("Go get Daddy!")

"Ai-yi-o-la-la-la- go-go-da-da! Ai-o-eee-lie-la-la, go-go-da-da!"

She was very happy when we finally found him.

So was I. :)

-Jess

No comments: