Wow, I should pour my heart out to y'all more often! I don't know if it was doing that, and I suspect it was because lots of people were praying for us, but Brie and I had the best day we've had in a week and a half today. It was so good to have a reprieve, to have a day that was sweet between the two of us.
One really encouraging letter came from my sister, who reminded me, in essence, that our battle is not against flesh and blood, but the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. I was glad to have the reminder that it isn't just us on the playing field. Brie's salvation is something I've started to pray about regularly, as this is the year, I imagine, when she will become capable of really understanding the Lord's love for her. I shouldn't have forgotten that we have an enemy.
But, as Laurel pointed out, her willfulness is horrible when she uses it to disobey, but that same purposefulness in her will be glorious in serving Christ.
Thanks to all of you who wrote me or asked me how it was going or prayed for us. It really was a very good day. Please keep praying for us. I grew up as a missionary kid, and one of the best parts of that was that there were people who prayed for us constantly. I'd love my kids to grow up with the same sort of prayer blanket around them. Because the Lord hears his people when they call. Praise him!
-Jess
p.s. Just for what it's worth, we aren't planning on potty-training Brie right now, right before Sam comes. But whenever she demonstrates some new skill that'll be useful when the time comes, it's exciting. Right now we're planning on waiting till the summer weather gets here, so that she can run around in just a diaper or even bare-bottomed while she gets the hang of it. :) Potty-training tips though, are always welcome. I like to have lots of ideas in my arsenal.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment