Brie also just came over to me and started miaowing. When I told her that she was a nice little kitty-cat and pet her, she looked very pleased with herself. I didn't know she could pretend like that yet!
I am currently consoling myself for Sam's not-yet-appearance by making him a blanket. At first I thought, "Well, of course he can't come yet, I haven't made him booties." So I did. No Sam. Then I figured it was 'cause I hadn't made him a hat. So I did. No Sam. I figure a blanket I can drag out till the actual arrival. Yes, it helps to have something to do.
I can't help but be reminded, these days, of St. James' admonition that in making our plans, we should always phrase it, "If the Lord wills, tomorrow I will do this or that." What comes from our mouths many times a day in this household are sentences like, "If Sam doesn't come, I'm planning on going to Saturday's tournament." "If Sam doesn't come, I'm going to do the farmer's market shopping this Friday." "If Sam doesn't come, let's go get dessert for our cheap date this week."
It reminds me of how we're supposed to be living always aware that Jesus could return at any moment. I am thinking that I need to be a little bit more patient about Sam's coming, and a little bit less so about my Lord's.
-Jess
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment