Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Inclement Weather

In Canada/Maine/anywhere else where it snows, they occasionally get blizzards, and the snow piles up to the point where people can't (or at least really really shouldn't) leave their houses. In Indonesia, I remember at least one occasion where it rained so hard during the rainy season that there were three inches of water in the school, and they canceled school for the day. Even in Texas, if it sleets hard enough to stick, they close the schools so nobody kills himself (or anyone else) because they don't know how to drive when the streets are icy/snowy. But in Sunny-72-So-Cal, we have to make our own inclement weather days.

Thus, tomorrow finds the Computer Support department at good old BU closed, as construction on a new building removes our two most precious commodities: running water (for bathrooms and drinking fountains) and A/C.

I haven't had a snow day in about 6 years! Now if only I could find some snow!

No comments: