Saturday, June 17, 2006

thrush

Again. This time it's Sam (and consequently, me) who has it.

Since it's Saturday, and thrush is no emergency, we have to wait for Monday to try to get an appointment with the doctor. That's a bit frustrating, because I know exactly what we need (a prescription for Nystatin), but since I'm not an MD (ah! what a fatal flaw!), we can't just go to the pharmacey and get it ourselves.

Anyway, like I said, thrush is no emergency, but it can make nursing a bit of a pain for Sam (and me), so please pray for our baby boy's comfort while we wait out the weekend, and that we get an early appointment next week.

(The other pain of thrush is that you can't use breastmilk stored during the infection, and I've been trying to save some up for a day out Adam and I are taking in two weeks to celebrate our anniversary. Now I'm going to have to wait till we start the Nystatin treatments, which is going to make it a trick to save enough milk. Grr.)

(And my mom has promised that if I don't leave her enough milk to feed Samuel while we're out, she'll hunt me down and find me. I believe her. :D )

-Jess

No comments: