Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"I'm so proud of me!"

Today my darling, darling little girl came up to me and asked if she could "pee in my potty too" (I think she specified that the pee was going to come out of her bottom - sigh, we're WORKING on anatomy), and then, diaper and pants off she proceeded to, oh my goodness, actually PEE IN THE POTTY.

She then asked for gumdrops. Ah. I'd told her, oh, three months or so ago (really) that if she peed in the potty she could have gumdrops. And she remembered. I, however, had been left off the memo stating that today was the Big Day, the We Start Really Potty-Training Day, and had no gumdrops.

Luckily, the agreeable prodigy settled for old popcorn and coconut-flavored Jelly Bellys.

Tomorrow? WalMart, for big girl pants and mini marshmallows. Because, as the Bard said, some have potty-training thrust upon them.

guessing that the road ahead involves much more potty-talk,
Jess

No comments: