Wednesday, August 02, 2006

so this is just a praying time

Thank you so much for all of your prayers. Adam's fever, after spiking up ABOVE 102, broke in the middle of the night and he's feeling much better today. My hands now just feel like they have a mild sunburn. Brie's being doing better. And Sam has - not a diagnosis - but a plan, and that makes me feel much better.

He's been discolorated-urine-free today (so far), and Dr. A. says that it could be related to dehydration (which would make sense given the awful weather that we're having and the fact that it got better when we went up north during our truncated vacation). But, assuming that it's still there in a week, Dr. A. will refer us to a urologist. This week waiting time makes sense, 'cause it'll give it time to clear up in the now-cooler weather if it's going to, and we're going back to the doctor's in a week anyway for Brie's 2-year check-up and shots. Please pray that's it's just dehydration and that it gets better. I have these nightmares of going through rounds of awful tests and awfuller results with my baby boy, and I very much want those dreams to not come true. It's scary not to know what's going on. Lord, in your mercy, hear out prayers.

On the theory that it might be dehydration, we're now offering Sam very diluted apple juice once a day when it's hottest. He thinks it's the bee's knees.


So, we are much improved, Praise God! I have been reminded much during the past few days that the Lord is our Help (and it's in my head all capitalized like that too). Being who He is, I can lean against Him and close my eyes and take rest in His presence, like a very tired little girl might against her dad.
Because He is Himself. I can't explain it better than that; I wish I could.


And, speaking of fathers, it feels like the harrassment has passed from us to my folks: my dad had a trip to the ER today. It's not quite clear what's going on, but he's in a lot of pain from a back injury. Please pray for him. He's now home and drugged up (and praise God for modern medicine, too!).

And, this might sound odd, but please pray for our parish retreat this weekend. Two of my sister's friends, who don't know the Lord but who thought it sounded cool to spend the weekend praying and listening to a priest's sermons and hanging out in a convent, were scheduled to go up to visit the nuns with Rho. One of them especially is someone who is very attracted to Jesus, as she knows Him through my sister and the idea of her spending a whole weekend surrounded by prayer is a beautiful one. And I can't help but wonder how much all of this apparent bad luck has to do with that divine opportunity. We've all been praying for her for a very long time.


So, there's the update.

I have to say, my hands started feeling better within an hour of asking you all to pray. Praise the Lord for his mercies!


thanks and love,
Jess

No comments: