Or at least, why it pays to have friends read your blog.
Saturday I was at Home Depot with Ted pricing out lumber and stuff for making Brigid a bunk bed. While there, I ran in to Brian and Ashley, a couple of our friends who also have two kids: a girl a few months older than Brie, and a boy a few months older than Sam. Ashley is in Jessica's young mom's group, and Autumn is one of Brigid's best friends. I told them that I was shopping for bunk bed and they said that they too were shopping for bunkbed materials, as they too are looking for ways to save space with two kids.
Today I was talking to Brian after church and he mentioned that he has a whole slew of tools, but no really good place to store them. So I offered to let him house them in our garage (at least some of them) so that I can [ahem] make sure they don't get rusty and he can possibly come use our drive-way some time.
While talking to him, Stephanie overheard me talking about tool lust and mentioned that her dad may (may) have a table saw and - here's the possibly very exciting part - a radial arm saw that he wants to get rid of for a good price!
So I might actually have access to all of the tools that I really want for this project! Now I guess I actually have to finish desiging the perfect bed so that I can get started.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment