Friday, September 08, 2006

Technobabble

It's been a while since I posted anything geeky on here, but I've been saving it up.

First, Laurel introduced me to Blingo, which is an internet search site that runs the Google search engine, but gives away free stuff. So I've switched to using that for searching the internet because, hey, who couldn't use free stuff, right?

Wednesday I won my first prize: an iTunes gift card for $10, which Jessica and I have decided to blow on downloading episodes of the new USA TV show Psych. Good brain candy about a guy who is really observant and pretends to be a psychic for the police.

Also, I got inspired to look again into free webhosting, and I found a site called 110mb.com which does free website hosting with a bunch of cool stuff such as PHP, MySQL, CGI, and no imposed adds. I went to check it out, and their registration was closed, with a counter to when they would have more registration slots available and a note saying that they expected the new slots to be snatched up in about 10 minutes. So last night we took a truncated walk and got home by 8:00 so I could sit at my computer and watch the counter count down. By 8:05 I had signed up for a new site, so we now are beginning to develop adamjess.110mb.com. Just so you know, right now there is just a sign saying "Under construction", but I made the sign myself, so if you want to check it out, you can go there. We're hoping to have pictures, links, gift wishlists, etc up soon!

No comments: