Tuesday, November 07, 2006

the world's not safe

Samuel's mobile!

He's well and truly on his way now. He does not stay where you put him, and he's developed a cute, workable, but still not-terribly-efficient crawl. It's just like normal crawling, except with legs crossed at the ankles.

But even today, the ankle-crossing is beginning to disappear. I think part of that was to compensate for our slippery wooden floors, sort of a stabilizing move.


Boy, now I really need to make sure the floors are clean.


We went and voted today, walking in the dark with the kids on our back over to our new polling place, at a nearby elementary school. There was a LOOOONG ballot tonight, folks, but we soldiered through.

We told Brie we were going to vote, and she promptly decided that "Vote" was a new song, and was really disappointed when it turned out to be standing in one place way too long while Dad and Mom marked ballots.

I am kind of enjoying listening to the NPR commentators drop their pretenses of being non-biased and frankly drool over the prospect of the Democrats taking the House. Hee, hee. So cute. It's also really fun to switch back and forth between our big NPR station and our big conservative/libertarian station and hear the difference in commentary. Our state's particularly interesting because of our financially conservative but socially liberal governor. I don't know much about politics, but I predict a wave of socially liberal Republicans and another wave of socially conservative Democrats, just so that everyone in the country can feel cutting-edge. :D

Frankly, what I care most about isn't the elections of people to office, but the passing of Prop. 85 here in CA which, last I heard, still has a fighting chance. Of COURSE parents should be notified if their minor child is going to have an abortion. Parents are legally responsible for their minor children. You wouldn't even give a child a vaccine without parental notification. It scares me to think that I'm legally barred from information that's critical to my child's wellbeing. And that's before you even step into the prolife stuff.


anyway, I've got to go. I've got a crying boy and a girl who's giving her (non water resistant) dolly a bath.

-Jess

p.s. No offense to you if you agree that the Dems should take the House. I just that NPR can be a hoot sometimes. :)

No comments: