Saturday, December 09, 2006

please pray for me

Tomorrow, two other young people from the church and I are speaking at our church's weekly adult forum, after service, at the request of our priest, about our thoughts on staying in or leaving the Episcopal Church. We don't all agree with each other, but we've all been thinking and praying about it, and agreed to share some of the things we've been thinking and praying about. Please pray that we speak good words, full of truth and love, and that the Holy Spirit helps us speak what is good. And that it blesses and helps those who are there to discuss this all. It's the sort of thing where if there was an easy, obvious answer, ten gazillion people would have already found it. ('course, you could argue that some of them have . . .)

I hate this sort of thing. It makes me get all jittery. Not because I don't have an opinion, but because I do.

thanks, all,
Jess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that all three of you did a really good job articulating your thoughts, and speaking graciously. Well done. I was glad I stayed to listen.

Linds said...

Well... what did you say? I've been on pins and needles! :)