This weeks' menu contains only three new recipes, but lots of yummy favorites:
Sun: Lemon-Pepper Three Veg Slaw (for church potluck)
Mon: Broccoli and Three Cheese Calzones w/fruit
Tues: Freezer meal w/fruit
Wed: Sausage and Potatoes Crockpot
Thurs: Creamy Squash and Apple Soup w/garlic bread
Fri: N/A
Sat: Pasta Alfredo with Fro. Veg.
Sun: tuna salad
Mon: Corn Sausage Chowder
Tues: Freezer meal w/canned fruit
Wed: Quick Morrocan Turkey w/green beans
Thurs: Potato Leek Soup w/canned fruit
Fri: N/A
Sat: Carne Asada
As you can see, I'm digging into my soup recipes. It's just that kind of weather out here right now (really: I've lost a plant to frost this week, which is bizzare for sunny SoCal). The Creamy Squash and Apple Soup is very sweet, too sweet unless you season your bowl generously with freshly ground black pepper, and then it's just right: a festival of flavors dancing around on your tongue and warming your belly. The Corn Sausage Chowder is one of the old flavors, whereas the admittedly similar Potato Leek Soup is one that we haven't had before. I bought a big bag of Idahos and I intend to use them all between those two soups and the crockpot dish (another newbie).
The last newbie is the Quick Morrocan Turkey, which is supposed to be Quick Morrocan Chicken actually, but when you have a ton of cooked, shredded Thanksgiving turkey in the freezer, why go out and buy a grocery store rotisserie chicken? The recipe is the first I'm trying from Real Simple magazine; I'll let you know how it turns out. It's one of those sweet-savory dishes, which of which I'm always a bit wary, but since the Apple-Squash soup won me over, I thought I'd give a peach-chicken recipe a chance.
So what's on your tables this next week, dear readers?
-Jess
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment