The other day I heard Sam, who was sitting on the floor beside me, saying, "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma." I looked down to see what he was doing, and he had our little baby photobook open to my picture, and he was patting it and saying my name. Awwww. Be still my beating heart.
Tonight at dinner, Mom S. asked Sam, "Where's Momma?" And Sam - smart boy! - raised his left hand in a "where is she?" gesture, and then patted both his hands on my chest, in a "here she is!" gesture. So smart! And, awwww.
Yesterday evening, Brie made up a new game. I've been trying to teach her to look at me when she says her "Goodnight-I-love-you"'s, rather than muttering them while gazing all 'round the room. And last night, she said, "Goodnight. I love you," and then paused, and then STARED into my eyes for about five seconds straight. I said, "Awww! you looked at me!" and she grinned, happy I'd noticed, and said, "Awwwwww!" right back. And we hugged.
And then she decided we needed to do it all over. Look. "Awww!" HUG! Look, awww!, HUG! Look, awww!, HUG, giggle, giggle, giggle.
We did this over and over and over, the looks getting shorter and shorter, and the hugs and "awww!"'s longer and longer.
It was so much fun. :D Adam and Samuel watched, and Adam confided in Sam that the girls in the family are a little nutty.
Maybe so, but all the same: AWWWWWWW!
-Jess
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment