It's official: I'm a freelance writer. Why do I feel free to say that? 'Cause I got my first check today. :D And it's going straight into a purchase of Microsoft Word, the better to sell more articles with, my dear.
In other good news, Sam and I had a much better day today. I was just really careful to respond every time he started tantruming, and I also did some preventative stuff. For instance: when I needed to move him away from something he shouldn't be playing with, I picked him all the way up, facing me, and held him for a moment or two, instead of just moving him. And he responded really well to the extra attention and extra containment. And I feel better, not having been screamed at so much (anyone who's had a boss who's a yeller can tell you how stressful that is: well, it's not so much better when the yelling is from pint-sized lungs. It's still stress-inducing). Anyway, it might sound small, but it makes me remarkably happy to have learned how to get on better with my son. (I've known Samuel his whole life, but that less than two years. So, though I've known him my whole life, I'm still getting to know him, because it just hasn't been that long yet. Funny, before I was a parent, I never thought about the fact that you'd have to consciously work to get acquainted with your kids. But you do. And, with my kids, it's actually pretty delightful. Sam's just FUN.)
Anyway, thanks for praying. It's making me a better mom, I think, and that sure helps Sam to be a better kid. :D Funny how that works!
-Jess
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment