Friday, June 29, 2007

trucks! and, balloons!

trucks and balloons have both now joined the ranks of things that Sam NOTICES. and POINTS TO. and TALKS ABOUT IN A LOUD VOICE.

His favorite word, though, is still "water", pronounced, "La-la". Or, when he's very excited, "ah-la-la-la-LAH-la!" And he uses it for water, things that are associated with water, and all other liquids. For instance, we were in a store that had blow-up rafts displayed from the ceilings, and Samuel pointed at them and said, "water! water!" because he knew that they went in the water, and he doesn't know how to say "boat". And when he wants a cup to play with in the sink, he points to the cup and asks for "water!"

But he's also having more and more speech that carries the intonation (and has the length)of sentences, so I think there are a lot of words in there that I'm just not getting yet. Especially because there are words stuck here in there that I CAN understand. The sentences will sound something like: "Ah-da-ba-ga-chee-ee-na-DADDY-bwah-pa." So, what I get from this is that Adam's doing something interesting.

I also have to mention, so that I don't forget, that Sam has a penchant for taking ANYTHING and sticking it on his finger, and then pointing triumphantly upwards with it and crowing. Legos, buttermilk biscuits, playdough . . . he just thinks it's a hoot.

No comments: