Saturday, November 24, 2007

Oh was she EVER happy

One of the things I was wanting to do over Thanksgiving weekend was finish up the kiddos' bunkbed. I don't think that's going to be a reality, but I did get the first coat of paint put on the large part of it today, and Brie got to help. She did a very good job of spreading the paint pretty evenly, although I did eventually decided that I would be the one to get more paint on her paintbrush for her, since it was starting to come out a little thick.

The dark green "oops paint" that we got mixed with a new can of off-white well enough, to form a nice kids'-room-green that I think will look very good. Especially if we get around to adding white flowers and stuff. You know, masculine-ish flowers.

And when we got done, we had persimmon cookies waiting for us, fresh out of the oven.

For those of you keeping track (meaning mostly me), here's what I have left to do on the bunkbeds:
- finish sanding the rest of the pieces
- finish first coat of paint on the rest of the pieces.
- measure and drill bolt holes to hold the whole thing together
- resand (finer grit paper) the whole thing
- put second coat of paint on
- assemble the pieces
- measure, cut, and sew the cloth 'walls' for Sam's crib portion
- *assemble
- *disassemble, because I forgot that the bed's too big to move into the kids' room assembled
- move pieces into kids' room
- assemble

Oh, and I need to rig up a ladder for Brie to climb in, at some point.

* optional steps

PS, the title was inspired by a Peter Spier book about some kids who decide to paint their family house while the parents are away one afternoon.

No comments: