Tuesday, February 26, 2008

so excited!

Just made my morning phone call to the NICU, to see how the girls did overnight and to let the nurse know when I'm coming in and . . . our little Katie Ann took her WHOLE FEEDING VIA BOTTLE THIS MORNING! it took her the whole half hour, with a break in the middle to rest, but SHE DID IT!!!

Jane hasn't taken hers yet today, so we'll see.

And if that weren't enough, the nurse says that I can try ("non-nutritive", i.e., just-for-bonding-we're-not-expecting-them-to-actually-eat-a-lot) breastfeeding them today when I come in! I am so excited about that!

So KEEP PRAYING, IT'S WORKING. :D

love,
Jess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a huge achievement. I know your ready for them to come home prepare yourself with a full feed under her belt she could be home within the week!

-Amie

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

What absolutely fantastic news! Especially that you can try nursing today - I'm so excited for you and I'm not sure if I'm going to cry or laugh from happiness. :) Maybe both!