Tuesday, June 03, 2008

kiddoes

I wish y'all could have heard Adam and Katie sitting and cooing at each other last night. It was so adorable. "Goo-aggle-ah," says Kate. "Gaggle-aggle-oooh," replies her doting dad.

Jane is nowhere near to crawling (or sitting up, for that matter), but I had hear laying on her back on the papasan cushion we keep on the kids' bedroom floor, and she managed to kick herself all the way off of it. She's strong.

It's funny, I'm not able to think of either of the twins as "the baby of the family". I'll start thinking that way about Jane and then remember, "no, she's older than Kate." I'll start to think that was about Kate and then think, "no, she's bigger than Jane." I think being twins really messes up all the normal birth order assumptions!

Brigid's favorite activity these days is drawing pictures and cutting them out. She gets really creative too! She drew clams and clam rakes and cut them out and proceeded to pretend to be Sal from "One Morning in Maine", digging claims with her dad! Yesterday she drew a picture of a tree, and cut it out, and then a picture of an orange, and cut that out, and then taped the orange onto the tree to make it into an orange tree!

Sam is still deeply interested in digging and trucks. And in putting the dirt he's dug up into his trucks. And in driving his trucks around to dump dirt near the holes that he's dug. Etc. We're planning on having a big tupperware of sand out on the patio so that he and Brie can still have an outside place where they can play with dirt when we move. My folks have done something similar on their patio, and it seems to work pretty well.

No comments: