Sam, in the craft store, to self: "May I have this paint? NO. Okay, I won't have this paint." Wow, there's internal dialogue aloud for you.
Sam, at his prayers, "Dear Father. Thank you for my cereal and my spoon and my bowl and my milk and my spoon. Amen." And, you know? thank God indeed for spoons. Man, I learn a lot from my kids.
Brigid, who is now four and ALLOWED TO CHEW GUM, came to me today and offered me a piece of the gum she got for her birthday. It was one of those boy-this-makes-it-all-worthwhile parenting moments. Not because I'm particularly fond of cotton candy flavored gum. :) But because it was an offer of her own treasure, made out of the pure generosity and joy of her heart. Her loveliness in that moment filled my heart.
Ekaterine and Jane don't stay put anymore when we put them down. They don't crawl. But they creep. They roll and scoot themselves all over the place, moving a good two or three feet from where we put them down. It's fun to watch, even if they do occasionally get in each other's way!
-Jess
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Providence does the same thing,
More bagel pease? YEs, Thank you, your welcome!"
or "the bible yes thats the book for me .... more bible...yes...ok...the bible yes thats..."
So cute!
Post a Comment