The girls are starting to babble. And I think they're working on first words. Katie has a passable "uh-oh!" and Jane a rather convincing, "num-num!". Kate's is upon the occasion of knocking down towers of little metal cups and Jane's upon, well, eating "nummy" things.
They've both figured out how to get the Cheerios from their trays and into their mouths.
Kate has caught onto Jane's raspberry habit, and now we've got two little girls who can very cutely make very rude noises.
The scooting continues apace; they're getting faster at going forward, but still not close to real crawling.
Jealousy has reared its ugly head; I think they've figured out that they're not the same person. One will cry if she sees the other being held, or given a toy or a treat. "I want it too!" being the clear message.
They each have four teeth, and yes, it's the same four teeth. They have what Adam calls "puzzle teeth": the middle two incisors on bottom, and the outer two incisors on top.
They're eating some solids every day, but not a ton. Still nursing like crazy. And while they're okay with the pureed peas and applesauce sort of food, they really like tiny bits of real food better. They'd rather have us feed them rice-sized bits of pizza than something that's been run through a food processor.
They're so cute. They are oh-so-cute. And affectionate. Ekaterine especially has a habit of scooting over to me and throwing her arms around my leg when she wants to be held. it's irresistable. So I don't resist. They are both perfect for scooping up and hugging and kissing.
And they look very much like themselves now. There was a time, after their weight difference was pretty well gone, but before they were quite out of the blob stage, when it was hard for me to tell them apart without looking at their storkbites. But now they don't look identical to me anymore. It's strange, because I'd heard other moms of identical twins tell me that, and I didn't quite believe them. But it's like they've grown enough now that they have real selves, and they look like those selves, and not like each other.
I mean, I'm not blind: I can tell they're MZ twins. And if I don't actually look, I can get them confused (because, well, if you don't look, all you notice is: "baby"). But Jane looks like Jane, and Kate looks like Kate, and whenever I have to guess (like in low light, when I can't see storkbite or earring color), I guess rightly.
I guess the best way to put it is: if you compare them to each other, they're very different. If you compare them to any other baby, they're very alike.
I love those little ones. I'm so glad they're here.
-Jess
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment