Tuesday, November 11, 2008

we have a word!

Okay, so the "haaaaaaa" for "hi" was pretty suspect, but tonight at dinner, after eating some ground-up curried meatballs (yes, we have adventurous baby food at our house!), Kate very definitely declared, "Num-ah! Num-ah!"

And given that I have long been telling her how "Nummy, nummy!" her food is, I think I'm calling this a real word. :)


and then, after dinner tonight, she and Jane were both pulling up on, well, everything they could reach, and yelling happily in unison, "Ah-ya-ya-ya-ya! Ah-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya!"

And no, I don't know what "ah-ya-ya-ya-ya" means besides, "hey, we're standing up, aren't we so cool?" so I'm not calling THAT an official word, but it sure was pretty cute.

-Jess

p.s. and Jane is really cruising now. Tonight she went from Adam to a dining room chair to her own little clip-on chair. Once. The second time she missed her grab. Stand-grab-thunk!-waaa!-comfort-setdown-stand-grab-thunk!-waaa!-comfort-setdown is a very regular rhythm around our house these days.

No comments: