I was talking to my mom yesterday about Jane and Ekaterine, and realized I should update the blog/baby book on their verbal progress.
Man, we have some happy, noisy babies! :)
They are getting more words, which is always so much fun (I love it when my kids learn language - it's a huge step on the road to getting to know them better!).
Jane has a favorite noise, which is a sort of ululating siren sound: "ah-YAH-ah-YAH-ah-YAHHHH!" But she'll change the consonant on the front, depending on what you say to her. When I tell her, "yeah, yeah, Jane!", she'll say, "yah-YAH" and when Brigid sits there and carefully instructs her, "No, no, no, no, no," she'll change to "nyah-NYAH-nyah-NYAH!" Yes, Brigid taught Jane to say "no". Thank you, Brigid.
Kate (and maybe Jane, not sure) has learned to say "Brie", which comes out "Ba-WAH". :D
That added to the "nummy" "more" "mom" and "dad" is a pretty good vocabulary for 11 month olds (today!) who should actually only be about 9 1/2 months old.
They're also doing lots of other interesting things: Kate has learned to waggle her tongue (back and forth, instead of up and down, which I've never seen another baby do - she sticks it out really far and then touches it to one corner of her mouth and then the other, quickly. It's hilarious!), Jane still makes her wookie noise and growls, and Katie (as well as Jane, to a lesser extent) is doing great standing independantly and will often just let go of her prop and stand and play with something with both hands. Kate also loves to stand up, and then raise both hands high up in the air, and then dive towards whoever is nearest. Several times this has resulted in her taking an actual step! Jane (and Kate too, but not as much) cruises all over the place, and super-fast!
So, that's where the twinks are at. I'm sure I'm missing something, but at least I've got some of it down for posterity! ;)
-Jess
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment