The doctor not only was in but actually saw me without making me wait - a first! This meant that I had time on the way home to stop at the bakery outlet that Katie told me about. I'm adding it to my list of places to go to bring our grocery bill down - they had bread and other baked goods for really great prices. I asked the proprietor how they managed it, and apparently the reason the outlet costs less is that by getting their food direct from the manufacturer, they don't have to pay union drivers to deliver it, and it makes a huge cost difference. I love learning interesting facts like that. :)
Anyway, the doctor had just good news for me. Truly, I have very boring doctor's visits, but those are as good as boring airplane flights, in my opinion. I found out what to do with state disability paperwork and that next week I get my next round with the fun medical tests (it's amazing how many tests you get when you're pregnant!). But the fun medical tests mean a much healthier child (it's also amazing how much can be prevented with modern medicine), so I'll not complain.
As to the head up or down issue . . . well, my doctor is a family practitioner and so doesn't have an ultrasound in his office, so he had to try to figure it out the old-fashioned way: by pressing against my stomach and trying to make out whether the lump in the bottom of my abdomen is little head or little butt. He said it was hard to tell since the baby's still pretty small (probably about five pounds), but he thinks the kid's head-down. Yay!
That's all from here. Don't tell Adam I bought him an apple pie. :)
-Jess
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment