Okay, this solid food thing is just way too much fun. I gave Brigid an afternoon snack of banana, and she decided to HELP. She grabbed the spoon, opened her mouth, and tugged it towards her. And, upon getting the mushed-up banana in, chortled in evil-movie-villain style, "Mu-ha-ha-ha." Or a fair approximation thereof. She thinks this banana thing is a wonderful new game, and gobbled up a good 1 1/2 T or so before she got tired of it and started turning her head away.
This kid is turning out to be a riot. EVERYTHING is funny to her. Being bounced? Funny. Eating bananas? Funny. Having mommy tell her she's cute? Funny. The comments I get most often about her (aside from the normal "she's so cute!" that every baby girl gets - though it is true) are "she's so cheerful!" and "she's so alert!" If Brigid isn't busy investigating the world, she's busy laughing at it.
Today she's been investigating her fingers. Apparently she just figured out that she has them, because I've caught her several times just staring at them intently as she touched the tips together delicately, as if she were playing "Itsy-Bitsy Spider". She knew about her hands, but apparently not about their different parts. I can't wait to see what she learns and delights in next.
Thursday, December 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment