Brie has now mastered rice cereal along with bananas. Rice cereal is swell, and apparently tastes wonderful, but it tends to make her spit up. Carrots we are not so sure about. Trying them this morning elicted many funny faces. I think next time carrots are tried, Adam needs to be there with the camara.
Brigid is learning to sit up. Right now she's doing the equivilant of the toddler's first steps - you know, the step, crash, get up, step, crash, get up cycle. She can sit on her own for about five seconds, then topples forward. Another five seconds, another topple. But five seconds is rather a long time when it was about one second previously.
The mirror is a must-see dailiy stop. Before when Brigid and I looked in the mirror together, she'd look at my reflection and smile at me. These days, she finds the reflection of that cute baby, and does jumping jack motions of delight, breathes rapidly and creels. It's all very exciting. I think she might have figured out that it's her own reflection. She knows it's not a normal person, because the jumping jacks and creels are accompanied by banging on the mirror's flat, hard surface.
Hand manipulation is progressing nicely. She pulls her socks off, spends ten minutes at a time examining interesting objects like her teething ring, and plays with her fingers. When I change her, she cranks her head all the way around to face the back of the changing table, trying to grab the wipes box and get it into her mouth. Nothing if not determined, our Brie.
Adam and I are looking forward to four (work) days from now, when he'll be off for a week and a half. It's family time, and we think it'll be refreshing for all three of us.
Friday, December 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment