Wednesday, January 12, 2005

very excited

I just found out today that Opera is offering free licenses to institutes of higher education. For those of you who do not know, Opera makes a web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Safari, etc) and I think it makes the best one out there. So good that I have actually considered paying for a license before. But now I may not need to!

Opera offers many cool features, including:
tabbed browsing - each new window appears as a tab within the main window, so your desktop doesn't get all cluttered.
mouse gestures - Commands can be executed using simple mouse movements and button combinations. I am addicted to the r-click/l-click Back and l-click/r-click Forward commands. I try to use them on other browsers and get frustrated.

The newest version of Opera is said to include voice commands, so now you can sound like a geek too, as you sit there and talk to your computer: "Back. Back. New tab. Home. Close tab. Reload. Forward. Back." etc.

If you are interested in trying Opera out, you can download a free version at www.opera.com. The only difference I have noticed between the free and paid copies is that the free copy has a little ad bar at the top. I hardly even notice it anymore.

-Adam

No comments: