Monday, February 14, 2005

Sleep

Oh how I miss it.

Between colds and teething and gas, Brigid just never gets a good night's sleep these days. And I hate to sound picky, but that means neither do I. Birdie sleeps till about midnight, and then wakes up every hour or so - every two hours on a good night. Sometimes I'm fine, but there are days - like today - when I can feel fatigue crouching behind my eyes, poisoning all my attempts at industry. It's all very well to talk about sleep training, but the thing is that breaking in any new habit has a high cost at the beginning, and we'd have to wait for a week when we could afford getting four hours of sleep a night instead of six to start trying that again. And, odds are, we'd just have Brie sleeping nicely when her top teeth would start coming in, or some other such thing. So it's head up and soldier on.

No comments: