Brie's learned a new game! (Can you tell how delighted I am to watch this girl grow and learn and - shock! REMEMBER?)
I lightly pinch her nose and say, "MEEEP." And then she pinches my nose and I say, "HOOONK."
And we do this back and forth many, many times.
Really, it's more exciting than it sounds. First, because Brigid thinks it's funny, and whatever activity Brigid thinks is funny is exciting because you get to watch her smile and laugh and giggle-sniff. Second, because she REMEMBERS the game, and it delights me to see her learning to think, and to see that she remembers what to do to me after I honk her nose. It's not brand-new anymore, it's an old favorite (you know, three or four days old). We have MEMORIES together. Oh! I could die of delight!
Also, today after I read my daughter a book, she returned the favor and read it to me. Wow oh wow oh wow. She's just brilliant.
-Jess
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment